Today Connor's class had a pajama party. Their class averaged 5 tubs of cookie dough being sold so their teacher went into the money machine. She used the money to let the kids pick out $10 worth of books out of the book order and they read books all day in their jammies.
Note to self: Boys are NEVER as excited about wearing jammies to school as girls. Had to actually call and find out if his best bud was wearing them or else he flat refused to. I also told him he was whether he wanted to or not. He took a pair of sweats to put over them for recess. Seriously get over it but I guess it is more of a boy thing. As I walked up to the school one of his classmates refused to get out of the car in his jammies. I had planned on wearing jammies when I went in to help but figured I would be put on the black list by Connor if I did. So I went fully dressed. Darn sounded like fun to me but I am a girl...
Anyhow it was also his buddy's b-day party as well today. Connor's teacher has all the kids say what they like about the birthday kid as well. So all the kids say s/thing except for 2 who were being poops. Most of the comments are short like "he is respectful, he is a good friend, he is a great soccer player, good at math..." So after most of the class has gone it is Connor's turn. Who by the way wanted to go first. Never at a loss for words this is what Connor had to say. "He is the bestest friend in the whole world. He kicks the soccer ball really far. He is good at passing not like Junior who is a ball hogger. (and one other thing I couldn't remember)" I just thought it was so cute that he put so much thought into it and truly his friend deserves every one of the compliments he's a great boy. Now I am not sure how many of the other kids or parents or teacher heard what Kenda and I heard about Junior but we were trying to hide our snickering.
Aren't kids so cute and honest? It is going to be a real bummer when he starts pointing out my flaws the list is VERY long. Thankfully he still loves me and also doesn't want green beans for dinner so he better be very nice:o)
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Ya - I'm w/Conner - wearing my jammies in public is just plain weird - and I probably won't ever do it. ;) But kids are different these days and so are schools. ;) Hope he had a great time.
Nate loves PJ days at school! I have to fight him to actually put on shoes to get there and not walk to school in his slippers!
Post a Comment