Ok, now for those of you who REALLY know me you won't be suprised by what I am about to tell you. However if I have ever fooled any of you into thinking I am a calm, non-neurotic, laid-back and polite kind of gal have I got a story to tell you.
Now this really isn't a huge deal but I manage to make it one. I have handled LOTS of illness' mainly Kolette's in my life as a mommy. However injuries aren't my thing. Thankfully my kids haven't had too many of those. Other than Kolette trying to knock out her front tooth at a year and a half which I was of course very calm about that has been our worst.
We were delivering some cookie dough that we had had a hard time finding the people home on Tues. Anyhow Connor's been really looking forward to it since Don has told him he made a marshmellow gun. Connor talked about it the entire time we are there till Don had scrounged his entire kitchen and couldn't find any marshmellows and went to the store. I pulled my car out of the drive so he could get out. I ran into s/one and talked to her for a minute and then I hear screaming. Connor had managed to get in a fight w/the concrete and a rock. He has a massive goose egg on his head( or at least in my mind it was massive) and it is sticking out of his head over his left eyebrow an inch. I tried to not freak out and of course I am doing a smashing job of it. I go in their house and Connie gets me a ice pack and I am holding it to his head as he asks me in a very panicked voice "What's a goose egg?" "Is s/thing stuck in my head?". I am trying to answer calmly apparantly I have rubbed off on the little hypocondriac.
I call the doctors office and it is 6:30 and demand the receptionist get me a nurse, not the nurse line so I can hear their message. I then tell her that I want her to physically get up and find me a nurse. She tries to tell me that they could be in rooms. I tell her in my super calm voice that I will wait till they get out of a room and that my son has a massive goose egg on his head. Amazingly my favorite nurse in the entire world answers and tells me that where he hit is the hardest part of the skull, if he isn't throwing up or unconscious he is fine. Watch him and give him some tylenol and call her on her cell if I have any problems. Then Don gets back and starts to shoot marshmellows and Connor while his wife is scolding him telling him that Connor is hurt. Major difference between men and women. But after 4 marshmellows Connor is laughing and trying to shoot them at Corrin. He is cured!
I told him he should make the story more interesting than falling and say he jumped on his best friend Giles back one too many times and Giles slugged him. If you knew Giles you would never believe that story. Connor is like the hyper Chiuawa(sp?) and Giles is like the calm Lab.
So tonite we are at the soccer game and Rebecca the wonderful nurse text messages me and asks about Connor. Can you beat that for sweetness.
Oh and of course Connor is just fine. Hard to believe any of my kids could be normal w/a mom like me!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Thank GOD he's okay. I didn't know that was the strongest part of the skull. Ya - that's chihuahua - :) Remember Les Nesman on WKRP - he said it phonetically. HAHAHAHA!
Good Friday to you! He is RISEN~!~
I'm glad he is ok. Tell Connor that Geese are actually very smart animals. Sometime I'll tell him the story.
Aren't you glad the world is filled with compassionate people when we are not expecting it?
Another chapter for your Shady Pines book . . .
Post a Comment