Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fevers and no-no's

It has been a bit nuts here the past couple of days. For one on Sun night Kolette spiked a fever of 104.5 and I did the whole motrin and bath thing. It did go down and the next day you would never know she had ever been sick. All day monday and most of tues she was fine as well. Tues and last night she has had a fever of 103.8. Grrr... I sooooooo don't get being sick at night and totally fine in the morn. But I am SO thankful for text messaging. Why? Well after all the problems I have had w/my doctors office(never w/him or his wonderful nurse). I have finally figured out how to get to talk to the nurse I want to. AFter Connor got the goose egg she texted me a couple days later to check on how he was. So I have been texting her every morn and letting her know what is going on. I LOVE IT! Of course she called my baby an alien b/c she never follows the rules, and said of course I would never be a worry wart.

Now the really disturbing thing is what is going on in the 1st grade. I have been bragging about what a sweet class they are. Uh... well not so much. They are a bunch of pervs. I talked to an aid a few weeks back and she said that there have been some incidents w/kids touching and being inapproiate in that grade. I asked if it was Connor's class and she said no. Well apparantly that isn't so now. There have been 3 incidents in his class in a week and I mean over my dead body incidents. Thankfully the teacher took care of it and the boys got suspended. But I just wonder what they are dealing w/at home that makes them think this is normal behavior. How weird is it that a bunch of 1st grade boys are doing the things that they are doing? Can I homeschool now? I thought that all the weird stuff was susposed to happen in Middle school and High school not in the what I thought was the more innocent years of school. I also help out in Connor's class on Fridays and I need all the prayers that I can get to keep from wanting to thump those boys on the heads. Grrr....

The science fair is over till next year yahoo! Connor is so excited to get to be in it next year and already thinking of what to do. I don't know how geared up I am to do 2 experiments next year but hope that none of them have to sit on my counter. Also no rodents that is SO out of the question.

2 comments:

momof72nheaven said...

Perverts and mandatory science fairs, what kind of school do you send your kids to?

Love my babes said...

I think it is a politically correct school! Shall we take them on????? I think they should be VERY afraid;o)