Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving with many things to be thankful for. One is my brother was here and it has been awhile since we had Thanksgiving w/him. Last year he left right after Christmas for Iraq and for him being safe while there I am very thankful. My brother in law was also able to be home w/his family and I know they were happy to be able to see him.

The kids had a great time and it seemed like a very peaceful Thanksgiving. The kids were at the table coloring before dinner and they were discussing their favorite colors. My neice who is 8 months older than Kolette was saying her favorites and none of them were pink. Now Kolette is convinced that Pink is the most beautiful color and only girls can wear it. When Kolette notices that Shelby hasn't mentioned pink as a favorite color she starts to ask her rapidly if she likes pink. Shelby says no. Kolette says w/her hands out to the side in utter shock "But you're a girl!" It was just beyond her to understand why a girl wouldn't like pink. Now my neice wears spiderman shoes, lightning McQueen bedding and will often say she is a boy. My daughter however is the polar opposite and is such a princess. I am glad she is a princess. It seems all too soon they don't want to wear the cute little dresses w/all the fluff and pretty hair bows so for now I am going to enjoy my little princess.

No comments: