Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blow kisses



Kolette is the most peticular child I have. She comes up w/the strangest things and insists that everyone abide by her wishes. For example "Blow Kisses" she doesn't want you to directly kiss her owies. She wants you to kiss close to it and blow. She just smashed her finger in a cubboard and was crying holding her finger up to me. I forgot and kissed it directly and she cried and told me "No, and made kiss sounds and mmm... sound for blow" since she was still crying. It takes alot more blow kisses to heal her owies that a direct kiss did for my other kids. She also insists that her eyes are pink. She finally will accept that they are pink chocolate. I now know that the pink is the eyelid and the chocolate is the eye color. Now boys never have pink eyes they just have whatever eye color they have. She also will tell you that she has pink hair. Donnie used to argue w/her and tell her that her eyes were brown and her hair was blonde. I however can do w/o the tears and don't mind indulging her. She has known her colors for over a year so it isn't that she is colorblind she just knows that pink is for girls and clearly the only color acceptable for her. I don't know how long this stage will last it has been at least a year so far.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

I love the picture! She is adorable, at least you won't have to worry about her just going along with the crowd in school!

Rachelle said...

That is a cute picture. Funny how kids can seriously have a mind of their own..

fibibuffy said...

What a great picture. I love the "pink chocolate", it's just too funny!