Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Telemarketers

Yesterday started out quite interestingly. Besides the normal bickering between for starters Corrin & I over hair or clothes or why it takes her soooooooo long to get moving in the morning. Then after getting them off to school. Ian & Kolette find reasons to argue. Grrr... Anyhow Kolette decides she is going on the truck w/her dad. She finds a red sweatshirt w/a snowman on it and puts tights on and then puts her red pajama bottoms back on since red matches. I then said she had to change. So she insists on wearing the dress she wore w/Kelsee's tall sister when she was a princess. I asked her what Kelsee's tall sisters name is and she smiles and says "Kendee". So we get that accomplished.

Then the phone rings and says "Out of Area" which can mean the school and I am thinking oh no is one of the kids sick since we were so close to the pukey flu zone this weekend. Fatal mistake I took the call and it was not the school. They ask for Amy like we are friends and I said "Yeah" and they tell me they are Car Craft magazine. That my subscription for "Robert" is about expired and the price is going up to $40 a year and they can give it to me for $20 if I get it right now. Donnie is still home so I ask him if he still wants it. He said it was susposed to be for one of the boys. I tell her it was susposed to be for my son and that it has only been 6 months since ordered and I don't see how it can be ready for renewal already. So she drops the price to $16. Donnie says they didn't even get some of the issues. I tell her that she drops the price to $14. I told her since I don't think it should be expired yet and since we aren't even getting all the magazines unless she wants to give it to me for $6 a year I am NOT interested. Thinking this is the end of the conversation she says I can give it to you for $6.99 a year. SOLD!!! I am slightly amazed at myself.

I am currently trying to see how many more cans of worms I need to open. I feel that you should always stand up for what you believe in and then you have to decide how handle it. Corrin's big stress is kids in her class who want Obama for pres. I didn't think 3rd graders worried over these things. So I am trying to help her handle herself. Yesterday no one said anything to her so hopefully it will be the same today. All I can say is I am proud of her for standing up for what she believes in.

No comments: