Ok, Fri I am Connor's class helping and his teacher says she knows that Mrs Shuster would love her shirt. She unzips her sweatshirt and it is a picture of Sarah Palin and says Go Sarah Go. I told her yes I loved it and had to stay up late to watch the debate since the original was during a soccer game. I asked where she got it and knew I HAD to have one. Just in case you don't know me at all I totally support McCain/Palin and Obama scares the daylights out of me.
So I go to Fred Meyer yesterday and find one but it is too big. Dosen't matter I just have to have it. I can make it work. So my mom is w/me and gets one too. She is in line in front of me w/Connor. The elderly lady checking her out asks her if she supports Palin. My quiet mom says yes. Duh! What did she think she wanted the shirt for? Anyhow I jump in and say "Isn't she great?" "I just love her morals and how she dosen't want to kill babies" The lady is glaring slightly and I continue. Connors looks up at me and I told him " Do we like people to kill babies?" He of course being so bright and 6 says "NO" I told him "Aren't you glad I love babies and have 4 wonderful kids?" "We love people who support babies". I left it at that. However that lady didn't look thrilled that I had graced her line that day. But I hope it left an impression on her. Think! I mean really. Ok, I am a bit opinionated and not afraid to say it. But for goodness sakes stand for something and make sure it is the right thing. I haven't explained abortion to my kids but they are going to grow up knowing that their mom loves them and will stand up for the right thing.
Anyhow I am going to wear my shirt to school when I help tomorrow and to Connor's soccer game. I figure wear it proudly and make sure it is seen. Go Sarah Go!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good job Amy. I'm sure you left an impression, it might have been just what that lady needed. Way to stand up for your beliefs.
GO SARAH GO!!!!
Amy, you crack me up. You are never short of an opinion, and I'm proud of you for standing tall with your beliefs!
Post a Comment