Thursday, July 16, 2009

He ain't heavy he's my brother...




Took the kids to the YMCA yesterday w/my friend Holly and had a blast. But I have to say it was quite sweet to see Corrin go down the water slide and wait at the bottom to help Connor who can't swim get to the side was priceless. She went almost everywhere w/him to make sure he was ok. I even watched her go back and forth in the part of the pool that was up to Ian's chest. She is such a sweet sister. I love seeing all the kids feel comfortable w/her it's like they have a 2nd mother. I don't try to make her be responsible for them but knowing that she is watching out for them gives me so much peace. They know they are safe w/her even if they pester each other they love each other so much.

Ok, just looked at the pictures and that girl of mine is growing up WAY too fast. I wish there was a pause button they grow up so fast and all before your eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's some wisdom to mom's being 19 - their children cannot get older, they just get better and better and better (even their children). It's kinda like aged cheese.

Love my babes said...

This could be a misleading comment considering my mom is 19 but had me when she was 30. She must be VERY talented:o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am very talented and it runs in the family so be prepared. (and it was 29, lovely child).

My favorite 7 year old, after telling me his dad's, mom's and uncle's ages, asks how old I was. I told him 19 and he was quiet for a long time. He finally looked at me and said, "that's not very old." Gotta love that kiddo.