Friday, July 3, 2009

What will they think of next?????

I am constantly amazed at the things my children will find fun to play or too precious to throw away.

First Gum is a huge treat in our house. I rarely get it for my kids b/c I for one don't like to clean it up off the floor. Another reason I don't like it stuck to clothes either to mine b/c they put it somewhere it didn't belong or in their pockets to save for later. I don't find that it tastes better when chewed along w/food. Kolette disagrees. But we had a major meltdown yesterday b/c Kolette found Connor's "Special box" and pulled out a colorful stack of s/thing semi-sticky. Connor is freaking out saying it is his and Kolette says " I don't know what it is but it is gross". So I touch it Yuck and say this is gum and it needs to go in the garbage. This brings more tears from Connor b/c he says "It is special b/c someone gave it to me". This brings us to a conversation of how the people are still special but the gum isn't after it is chewed. I am sure this isn't the end of gum saving he will just find a more secret spot to store it. My Mom and Mother in law both love to share gum w/my kids. Maybe i need them to tell my kids that they will give them more but only if they throw it away.

Also we had a small church picnic yesterday at the park. I was sitting on a picnic bench talking to a friend and watching the kids. My friend says "Don't bite!" and realize she is talking to Kolette. Kolette has her mouth wide open looking like Ian is a tasty dessert. I tell her to come over and end up meeting her half way. I asked her why she was trying to bite Ian and she says "I wasn't Connor told me to eat Ian for dinner" Ok how do you argue w/that logic? Crazy thing is we like to pretend that we are eating our kids bellies for dinner so I can see where this line of thinking came from. Kids they are always paying attention and ready to provide entertainment.

No comments: