Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dentist success

Just a difference in a good dentist. When Corrin was 3 we had a horrible experience w/the dentist. They even prescribed her to take valium. It had the opposite effect on her. After I called the pediatrician and told him they wanted her to go to the hospital to have her teeth worked on and we don't have dental insurance; he told me about a friend of his who is a dentist. He took the time to call his friend tell him what Corrin was like and it was amazing how wonderful they were with her. So now my daughter isn't traumatized b/c of finding a wonderful dentist who isn't even a pediatric dentist.

Now I waited before taking Ian in b/c of his shyness. They looked at him in March and I had to cancel the one appt for filling his teeth b/c it interferred w/a field trip. So I took him in today and he was so excited. He has been asking for forever when he gets to go in. Anyhow they let me go back w/him and he was an angel. The dentist even called the tools names like Mr. Whistle and Mr Bumpy. He told him that they were getting the bugs out of his teeth. Then he put the "squeaky cheese" in the "bug hole". Ian didn't even flinch when he got the shot. He told him it was like a mosquito bite that doesn't itch. Gotta love your dentist they make life easier in the long run. Now I have all of my kids happy when they go to the dentist. Yeah~!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is a real life saver. Let's keep him.

Love my babes said...

I agree he is a life saver isn't he MOM?

Anonymous said...

You are so smart! I think I'll keep you, too!!!!!!!!!

Love my babes said...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!