Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time passing by

It is amazing how time goes by. It seems like you are never going to be done changing diapers and next thing you know they are ready for school. I am not ready for that. Where is my slow button? I am trying to honestly not cry right now. Why do you think it is so hard for me when I have already sent 2 kids to school. I LOVE being a stay at home mom and all that it brings. Even the days when I am amazed that my house is still standing and that there is a single hair left in my head. They are all worth it!

I took my little boy to kindergarten round up today. He held my hand the entire way. We got in a long line and waited. And just like that they took him away. Why am I crying right now? He is only 5 and I have done this before but it just seems so hard. He loved it and is ready for school to start right now.

I guess I am having a hard time b/c I know how short life can be. I have a dear friend who is going thru that right now all the little things go by so fast and you never know how long you have on this earth or how long you will have with your children. I never intended to make this a sad post but just watching the pain she goes thru daily I am learning to cherish the little things even more. I am going to cherish all the days until school and hope I won't forget a one.

No comments: