Friday, May 15, 2009

Taking Kolette to the Obgyn...hmmm...

Yesterday was my yearly appointment. I don't mind going b/c I love my doctor and his nurse and quite a few other people there. So it is like old home week. The morn didn't start off so good though. I was painting my toes on the edge of the bathtub b/c a girl must have pretty toenails when going to get a Pap. I told Kolette to not come any closer and that translated to please come closer and spill my red nailpolish into the tub. Amazingly enough after wiping, nail polish remover and a ton of soft scrub w/bleach it came out. Yeah!!!! Of course my toes look quite childish after going to get a pedi a few weeks ago. Oh well...

So I decided since Ian was w/Donnie I would just take Kolette w/me. Really what could the harm be in that? Stupid question. Anyhow I was susposed to be there by 1 but didn't even get out till 3 b/c of the doctor being in surgery. So Kolette asked tons of questions in her not so quiet voice in the waiting room. One of them being "How old was I when I was born?" Of course the older gal next to us thought it was funny.

Then we go into the room and I get to put on the beautiful gown that opens in the front and listen to multiple questions of why I am doing that. None of my answers satisfied her. I told her that when you are a grown lady you have to come in and make sure everything is working good. Her obsession w/wanting boobs of her own caused even more questions. She now understands exactly WHERE babies come out. Oops! What was I thinking again thinking this would be so easy. Oh, I remember I used to take Corrin all the time when she was little and she never asked me anything. When will I understand that Corrin and Kolette only have DNA in common and it stops there?

Of course I had originally asked my single brother to watch the younger kids while I went. He thought my saying it was a girly appt was a cover for I am pregnant. I told him that I am not but apparantly he doesn't believe me. He went to the school to get the older kids and said s/thing to my friend who had to set him straight. I don't think he even believed her b/c I get home and he asked when I am due. Ahhh... now people who might have overheard him will mistake my tummy that needs more sit ups for s/thing else. Oh well it adds a little mystery to life.

So the conclusion is will I be stupid enough to take her next year too? Time will tell if my brain is on freeze that day or not.

No comments: