Monday, January 26, 2009

Powder, vaseline and screws oh my!!!

Just in case I was under the impression that I could accomplish anything today Ian & Kolette proved me wrong. Honestly anytime they are not in the same room w/me I pay the price. Ian is almost 5 isn't he susposed to mature a bit by now??????



So I am busy working on staining stitching in the kitchen and decide to check on the kids. Kolette is stark naked covered from head to toe in baby powder. I ask her why and she says "Ian did it!" Yeah right! Like he needs to help her to do that. I take her up to the bathtub and she is picking at her bum b/c it itches from the powder. Ian wanders up and is also covered in powder just w/clothing on. Donnie comes home w/a friend who doesn't have kids yet but wants to start trying. Ok, so I give him a pop quiz as to why the kids are in the tub at noon. He guesses things from the past but I had to tell him. He goes downstairs to the bathroom and says "Why is there vaseline on my bathroom mirror and counter?" UH... let me think... Ian & Kolette???? So I get them out of the tub and set them down for lunch. I look in Kolette's room and Ian has taken the high chair and taken it apart b/c he thinks there is a key in it. I made him search for all the screws and hopefully it is put together right. I have figured out that Ian by himself isn't really a problem but add Kolette and they are quite the duo. However by herself Kolette is quite a mischievious one. Ian used to say "Baby do it!" not the student has become the teacher.

To top off the night I run upstairs to say s/thing to Donnie and the boys were taking their sweet time finishing dinner. Everyone else was done. Anyhow I come back after 3 mins and Ian is telling me that Connor tooted in his face. Ok not only did he toot in his face he stood up on the chair and pointed his bum in Ian's face and then honored his brother w/a toot. I am trying to tell them that we don't act like that. Donnie comes down and can hardly talk since he wanted to bust up laughing. Grrr... I know it is funny but you have to have a poker face.

What will tomorrow bring? I am not sure I am up for it...

4 comments:

Snow Mommy said...

I'm really bad a poker faces! I laugh, and then give the lecture.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need a year's supply of bubble bath - or is that why you keep saying "Calgon take me away?"

Love my babes said...

If I had that much bubble bath they would find s/thing to do w/it. I am afraid of what that would be;o)

Anonymous said...

This is when you learn to cherish creativity