Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A post from the insane

It's been awhile but life is busy some days more than others. Monday I tried to take all my Christmas decorations and tree down. I kept getting interrupted. I think it would have taken me 2 hours if my kids were at Grandmas but instead I did it w/them home. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid me!

I know since I am certainly not a rookie at parenting I shouldn't enjoy the silence when the children are still awake b/c it is never a good thing. Ian decided to take 2 bags of batting out of their bags and tear holes in one of them. Then the icing on the cake was Kolette using window markers which in theory are a good idea. Markers, big window equals happy kids. Now as confusing as it may seem markers don't belong on our body. I have told her this more times than I can remember. She decided to color herself blue and green from head, nose and clear down to her toes. Seriously. Thankfully she wasn't wearing anything other than panties at the time so just her body was the canvas. She had been wearing her princess dress but decided to take it off for a new look. I would have taken a picture but decided that would send the wrong message to her. So in the tub she went.

I honestly wonder if Donnie ever thinks I do anything around here. It seems if one thing is being cleaned the kids will destroy another thing that takes forever to clean up. Kolette and Ian love to help w/the laundry. They even go into the toy room and get the clothes from the laundry shoot. But if the dryer is vacant they will put the dirty clothes in there. I have to remember when it is opened if they are clean or dirty. Or else resort to my favorite thing the smell test. Yuck! Heres hoping for a better day!

No comments: