Sunday, January 18, 2009

My baby is growing up

Why is it the youngest wants so badly to be older? It is suprising to me how much Kolette wants to grow up. She wants it all her ears pierced, make-up, boobs you name it she wants it. If you have the nerve to call anything on her little or small you have a fight on your hands. Her grandma bought her stick on earrings and she LOVES them but they lose their stick quickly. Esp when she keeps taking them off to look at how pretty they are. She keeps asking when she is going to get boobs like me. Seriously the visual of her little 3 yr old body w/a set of boobs is too funny. She would fall over literally!

I hate that I feel like I am breaking her heart when I point out she is too little for s/thing. Today at church I was talking to a girl that used to be in my youth group. Now she is married w/a 1yr old. Yikes! Anyhow I told Kolette to tell her how old she was and she did, then I said can you spell your name for her and Kolette says "K-O- 2 crosses-2 E's and a L" I told Shannon that Ian would be going to kindergarten next year. Kolette said she was going to school too and I said "Is mommy going to let you?" and she said "No" and literally started to cry. I feel so bad that she doesn't get the reality of it all. I need some ideas for how to entertain this little girl. I am not even allowed to call her that. The closest I have gotten is to tell her that she is N-O-T(spelled) big, and for now that works. I am hoping to find a ballet class that is during the day and maybe even break down and do real preschool for her. Honestly she acts more ready for Kindergarten than Ian. Ian could care less. Time will tell but until then I am going to have to be really creative to keep her happy.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: