Today was the kids first soccer game. This is the first time Kolette has ever been able to play. She had a blast! She mainly just ran after everyone but she sure kept up and it was cute to see the dainty way she runs. She looked like she at one time was going to go get the ball from some kids until she looked up and saw how much bigger than her they were and she backed up. She told me when we got home " I am a totally great soccer player!"
Ian actually played!!!! No crying at all from him. He didn't try to actually go after the ball but he ran some and stayed on the court until it was his turn to sit out. I am so happy. I don't care how good any of my kids are but I sure hate to see them sit on the sidelines and cry w/o even trying. It is just good for them to get their blood pumping. This is coming from a girl who was athletically challenged. Ian was disappointed the shirts aren't red but I think he will survive. But the first thing after the game was over off came the shirt.
Donnie just loves it even if he doesn't say it much. It is such a change from the older kids but he loves to teach all kids about his love for the game. I took lots of video of my children running after the groups of kids running after the ball.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment