Saturday, August 1, 2009

Winning and Losing...

Went to the fair today against my better judgment. It was 109 when we left Nyssa right before 7pm. Yikes that is WAY too hot. So anyhow we start walking thru the fair and I wanted to check out the photography section. A few days ago the day before the fair opened my mom calls me. She wanted me to enter my picture I took of Jaeson holding his bride Emily in one hand while she stood in it. I posted it a few posts ago. Anyhow I argued w/her that it wasn't clear enough. She said it was fine and I should enter it. So I relented and told her I would order the print but she had to pick it up and put it in. Yes I am a heel. So I checked it out and I got 3rd place! I know that isn't huge but there were pictures that I thought were better/clearer and they didn't get anything. So I am happy and next year will be intentional and put one in myself like a big girl.

Now for the Losing part of this whole ordeal. We were walking thru the barns and ran into my good friend. We sat and chatted for a bit while Ian and Kolette were playing w/her 5 yr old. All the sudden we look and they are no where to be found. We look close by and they are GONE! Panic sunk in and she sent her son to look, Donnie and Corrin went one direction and Kenda and I went the other way. NO SIGN of them anywhere!!!!! This is a 3 yr old and 2 5 yr olds. Yikes!!!! So Kenda gets a call and the kids are back some lady brought them back. Scare the crap out of me. Anyhow I lectured Kolette and Ian good and they were both very sad and I hope I got thru to them. I told them s/one will take them home and be mean to them and I will never see them again. No one will love them like their mommy and daddy will. They are so priceless all of them sure makes you panic. Not to mention you are stuck wanting to beat them and hug them all at the same time. Grr... but they are little and they are acting like it. Leashes sound really good right now. but let me tell you they never left my side after that.

Thank the Lord He was watching over all 3 of those precious kids.

2 comments:

fibibuffy said...

Holy cow! I would have been terrified. I can imagine how your heart was pounding. Glad the kiddos are safe!

Love my babes said...

My heart actually felt like it dropped out of my body. Of course since they are each my heart that is so true. Scared the crap out of me.