Friday, August 21, 2009
Open house night
Well after a week of dreading my kids going back to school tonite we went to the school. It was Open House night and they got to take in all their stuff. I am so happy w/the teachers they all got so that has not been my worry at all. It's the letting them go part. However we went to Ian's class first and this is like home to me since Corrin and Connor have been in there for the past 4 years combined and we LOVE Mrs. Forrest. Ian was so happy to find his cubby and spot to sit. He even tested out his seat and it fits just right. Then onto Connor's class. Now this teacher we have never had before but I have talked to her a few times. The first words out of her mouth were "I am so happy to have Connor in my class I know his mom will help out alot" so I guess my reputation is a good one. I love to help in the class and so the opportunity to do it w/a happy teacher makes my day. Lastly was Corrin. She has had her heart set on her teacher and she was not disappointed her teacher is a real sweetheart. She is however battling breast cancer so we have her high on our prayer list. She was a real doll and also very happy to have a Mom help out in the class. I LOVE IT!!! So I am going to go to bed w/a happy heart tonite and tell the tears to not come until after I leave them on Monday. However I don't know that they will listen. Thankfully the good Lord has my back I just need to remember that. Reminds me of the old hymm "Yes, He cares I know He cares ..." can't remember now but it makes me feel good b/c I have spent too much time worrying and God is in control and I have been trying to drive this wheel of life all on my own and it's not working. But I still hate to leave my babies and esp hate to send my Ian when he has never been away from his mommy. Ok I end it here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
What a joy to hear a mother that enjoys and loves her children so much. They will make you more and more proud each day. (take it from experience).
Post a Comment