My brother has been here since he got back from Iraq in November. So my kids have been enjoying having Uncle Mac here at everything they do. Whether it is playing soccer, baseball, softball or anything at the school he has been there smiling on. I am so happy they have had this time with him. However, we knew this time would come to an end when he found the job that he wanted. So this friday Mac will be going to his new job at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. Sob... I told the kids after Corrin's game yesterday. I was prepared for her to cry but the one who had the hardest time was Connor. He was bawling. The one who spoke up with the voice of reason however was Kolette. She said "It is just a job and he will come back to visit". I think she is only 3 but maybe I am confused.
So to help soften the blow of his leaving we went to the YMCA today. Corrin is the only one who has ever been there. Corrin and Connor took him everywhere and he even got Connor to go down the big twisty slide. Seeing the look of pure joy that he had actually done it on his face was so worth it. Then that is all he wanted to do w/Uncle Mac in tow.
Anyhow THANKS Uncle Mac for being such a wonderful Uncle. The kids know you love them and they think you are the BEST Uncle in the entire world and who's to argue? Thanks for all the time you have spent with the kids and it has been great to spend time with you again.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment