Monday, March 23, 2009

Bravery tooth style

Just wanted to show off Ian's lovely toothy smile. Since he has always been so shy I have put off taking him into the dentist for his own appt b/c I wanted it to be positive. I made the appt w/o thinking about it being spring break and marked it on the calendar. I lined up a friend to watch the kids while I took him and on my way to her house I realized that I hadn't had my customary day before appt call. So I called and they didn't even have an appt down for him. I told her that we did b/c I wrote it on the calendar and the calendar never lies of course I didn't tell her that. She called me back 2 more times until I told her I wasn't trying to be a pain but that I had lined up the kids w/someone to watch them and that my son was shy and he actually wanted to go in even knowing the kids were at his friends house. So I decided that I would just camp out in their office. It worked esp when they saw Ian's face it is alot harder to turn away a cute boy than his pushy mommy. So anyway we had to wait about a half hour and then we were in.

The hygenist was great and talked him thru it all and he watched in fascination. He did everything she told him it was great. I am so glad he got to go in. He has to go back next week to see the dentist since his dentist just had a new baby or rather his wife did. Priorities right where they belong. I am so thrilled it went so great. Maybe school won't be such a rough go like I thought. But did Ian really have to grow up overnight like he has? My baby boy is growing up.

No comments: