Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow and cold

Well winter is finally here and it snowed all day yesterday and today we are rewarded w/super cold weather and it promises more snow and more cold temps. Happy birthday to me. I have yet to receive my birth certificate so unless it arrives by Fri I am going to have to have a temporary w/o a picture. What a hassle. I had to fax a copy of my drivers license to the Vital records to prove it is me and before they will send it UPS. I guess I am thankful for the security but it is a bit nerve wracking since I was born in this small town and have had my license for forever.

Tomorrow is the kids winter program so I am excited for that. I guess if we aren't home much Kolette has less chances of destroying the house. Today since I had my friends kids over she decided to destroy her bedroom and when they left she thought to take her hot cocoa into her room and spilled it all over her rug, bedskirt and Ian's clothing. Now maybe he had s/thing to do w/it that I will never know.

Connor learned that when you play snowball fight w/a 5th grader eventually it gets back at you. I warned him that True would throw it back at him. However Connor is a quick little snot and evaded capture for quite awhile but eventually a shovel full of snow got him in the face. That resulted in tears and finger pointing.

I took the kids to storytime this morn and had a couple other errands today and everywhere I went the snow called to Ian. Honesty I think that is all he heard b/c he ignored me everytime I called him and just happily stomped away in the snow. Sure makes for messy floors this time of year. My mother in law got me a wonderful new toy for my birthday(early) and it is a steam mop and so quick so it will make it much easier to clean up all those little puddles.

Well enough of my rambling for now.

1 comment:

Snow Mommy said...

We just got a dusting of snow so far, the kids happily walked to school in their snow boots!