Friday, December 26, 2008

A Merry Christmas!!



I sure hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. We went to Christmas Eve service in the blowing snow but since we live a block from the church it wasn't too bad. Kolette said she couldn't breathe but other than that it was just fine. I couldn't believe that people drove 12-15 miles to come on a icy night but I know it was for a great reason. I really enjoyed the short service full of the Christmas story and songs. I grew up Catholic until I was in 3rd grade but had always gone to midnight service and it always felt weird to not have a service to go to until our church started one a couple years ago. After that we went to my in-laws and the kids got their traditional Jammies made by Grandma.
It was a long day of opening and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. But the kids had a great time. They were so excited to open the gifts they got for each other they actually opened them before they opened theirs from Santa. Corrin and Connor had each other and the little 2 had each other. Connor was so excited when he opened his that he jumped and threw his arms around Corrin and said Thank you I love it! They all did a great job of knowing exactly what each other would like. Ian got The King and Mrs. The King from CARS from Kolette and he has carried them around since he opened them.
Donnie had picked out a old Singer sewing machine at a yard sale for Corrin this summer and we had it hidden in plain sight until yesterday. Donnie noticed that it had no key. Oops! I think hiding it in plain sight made Ian think the key dangling from it was fair game. So he has been playing w/it and I believe it is the key he cried about at the park earlier this week while playing in the snow b/c he lost it. Oh my goodness how am I going to find it now? I am going to try to find s/one w/a metal detector and see how that will work. Esp under snow and all that. Fun times for me. I just keep telling myself that he is only 4 over and over. Like the other day when he took it upon himself to take a cd player apart w/o asking. Oh by the way it did work until then just didn't have a cord. His way of taking things apart is cutting and pulling and unscrewing everything in them. My living room was full of pieces. He likes to take things apart w/his Papa but he needs to understand that only when he is given permission. That's what I get for trying to clean s/thing upstairs while he is downstairs.
We went to my MIL for dinner. After dinner & dessert I was feeling super full and had helped clear table and wash the dishes. I finally sit down and my husband and his brother had been watching TV during this time. I hear my brother in law say "where is my ice water that I wanted?" I say more to myself and in another room "he has two legs". Clearly not the Christmas spirit I will admit but Seriously! A short bit later he still has no ice water and asked Connor where was his ice water and my sweet son says "My mom says you have 2 legs". Believe it or not but he didn't have a reply and if you knew my brother in law you would be shocked. I guess that is a lesson to me to watch what I say and look to see who is listening.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!




No comments: