Friday, December 26, 2008

The Shack

Ok I missed a addiction. Well sort of. I have a friend that told me that this book called "The Shack" was really good but that I couldn't handle it. At first I thought ok I know that in the book it is about a guy who's 5 yr old daughter is abducted while camping and dies. His wife has always called God - Papa to personalize Him. He gets a note in the mail 3 years after saying "Meet me at the shack Love, Papa. So for a few months I don't really even think about it but about a month ago I see it at the library. I picked it up and read the inside and decided that I wanted to try it. I even asked the librarian if she thought I could handle it. She said probably. So I take it home for the 2 weeks I get it for since it is a new book. So for the first week I didn't touch it and it mocked me. I finally decided that I could read it. It is a wonderful book! It makes you think about God and our relationship w/Him in a totally different way. I would recommend it to everyone it is so good. One phrase in the book that has made such a difference for me is "Forgiveness isn't about forgetting it is about taking your hand off the other persons neck"

Anyhow I challenge you to read this book and let me know how you liked it. I am going to go and get a copy for myself so I can underline the parts I really liked. It is not graphic at all. I hope s/one wants to read it so I can talk about it to them.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Amy-
I read the book about a month ago. Nobody told me what it was about, and I was angry. I really loved the book, but I don't want to discuss why I was angry in case anyone who hasn't read it yet reads this comment. I will have to talk to you a different way.

Love my babes said...

Do you remember my phone number I would love to talk to you about it. I felt many ways about the book b/c it made me think. I think it is a good discussion book don't you?

Tracie said...

I totally loved the book also. I guess it was because I assumed it would end a different way, so I was upset that it didn't. The true message of the book was awesome. Can you even imagine having that time and conversation? Wow, talk about eye-opening. I am going to pass my book on to Tiff so she can read inbetween all her other hectic life, or maybe Holly. She can read it in between homework! I don't have your number, but I can alway get it from Holly. Are you on facebook? We could talk that way also and it wouldn't cost anything.