Ok, so last week we had a Nite light parade. I walked the 2 blocks to stand on the corner and wait all by myself w/the kids. The parade was a half hour late b/c of s/thing 2 blocks away by the grocery store. We saw 2 police cars fly past us and then the ambulance. I had no idea what was going on but you could tell there were alot of people at least alot for our small town. Anyway I said a small prayer and waited for the parade and tried to keep us from not turning into popsicles.
So 3 days later I am at storytime and a lady asks me where I was standing at the parade. I thought this a weird question but I told her where. She says "Oh good my grandma's friend said you are the one who hit the kid before the parade started" What????? So she proceeds to tell me that she told the lady that it couldn't be me b/c that is not what I drive and that I have 4 kids I wouldn't hit a kid. The kid was in 6th grade and they took him to the hospital. It is really driving me nuts that s/one would actually think that I would do that.
So the next day I asked my mom if she knew who hit the kid. She told me who it was and I happen to know the lady. She has 3 kids. She said neither the lady or the kid saw each other and it was a total accident. I feel so bad for both her and the child who got hurt. But when she told me I understood at least some of the misunderstanding the other lady does have blond hair but that is where it stops in resemblance. I have been accused of being a friend of mine's sister for the past 2 months and I have no idea what they are seeing to think we look that much alike. I guess after going thru my entire life w/people thinking my brother and I are twins and we definately have the resemblance thing going I don't get it w/someone else who I just know makes people think we are sisters. No offense to her b/c I think she is a really nice girl and I think she is pretty so I am going to take it as a compliment but I just don't get it I guess.
Well enough of me for tonite. Have a great Friday!
Oh, I got my birth certificate today so tomorrow I get my license just under the nose.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So now there's proof you exist. Great. Just when I was getting used to the idea of being an only child:)
Hey now I even have the paper license
Post a Comment