I love to have Christmas decorations up. However the putting up of them seems to test my sanity level. I want the kids to enjoy decorating too. However it seems like all they hear is "Don't touch that it will break!" "Look w/your eyes not your hands" "What did I say about touching that?" repeat over and over. Mainly this pertains to Kolette. The main problem is our entire main floor is hardwood or linoleum. So if anything falls off it is going to break guaranteed. So I thought I would make it easier and have a cheap artificial one in the basement that they could decorate w/o my supervision or comments. It is very cute decorated however the part they can't reach is bare. But that is ok. So we will see if the ornaments and decorations will last till Jan or not. In the long run I will have to not sweat the small stuff. However the Nativity set is completely OFF LIMITS!!! I think they are scared enough to not touch that since they all want to keep their fingers. So we will see if they will leave baby Jesus alone. He can move from the manger to Mary's arms. But they all think if he is in her arms he needs to be in the manger. So maybe this year he can stay put and in one piece for another year.
Hoping everyone has a non breakable Christmas!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Mine just have to play with the nativity, must be so tempting. I am lukcy this year with the Christmas tree, they are all old enough not to touch but next year will be a different story!! yikes.
Post a Comment