Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes. . .

It is funny to hear how your kids act when they are out of your sight. I know that my Ian is a stubborn little boy. He is a very sweet boy too but man is he stubborn. He is also very independent. So last week he decided that he didn't want to put his workbox away in class and then didn't want to get in line. So he lost 2 straws which means that he gets no treat at the end of the day. So I talked to him and told him that he needed to apologize to his teacher for not listening b/c this approach worked on Connor. He got really upset so I told him to tell his teacher that he would listen better from now on. So the next day I took him in and told his teacher he had s/thing to tell her. Of course he wouldn't so his teacher said she would talk to him later.

I run into her today while helping in Connor's class and she filled in what happened that day he was susposed to talk to her. She said she tried to ask him later if he had anything he wanted to say to her. He said no. So right before the end of the day she asked him if he had anything to say to her b/c she knew his mommy wanted him to. He answered "My mom wants me to but I don't"

And that is that. His attitude is better and he is proud of that but wow he knows his mind I guess.

No comments: