Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Missing the big kids

Last week Kolette was kinda enjoying having her mommy all to herself. Well yesterday she said it was too quiet at home. So we walked to watch who was at recess. We saw Connor but he was playing w/his friends and I didn't want to bug him so I told her we weren't going to tell him we were there. She starts to cry. I told her we would come back and see Ian or Corrin later. So we sneak down and are watching for Ian. We notice everyone else we know and finally we walk by and 2 of his friends tell us where he is and he comes over. I told him she missed him and wanted to say hi. He had a notepad and a pen so he draws her a quick note and puts it thru the fence. She was on cloud nine. She said hi to all his friends that she knows and we left. Then we notice that Corrin's grade is also outside. 8 of Corrin's friends come over but no Corrin. The girls all say hi to Kolette and say that Corrin stayed in to work on writing(optional??? what's up w/that?). So we say goodbye and walk home. Kolette still wanted to see Corrin but we had to wait till school was out.

So we go to the school and are waiting for the kids. Connor comes out first and she gets a big hug and kiss and then she gets the same from the rest of the kids. I just love that she loves her brothers and sisters and that they aren't afraid to love her back. They are all keepers!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatest things bring happiness to a child. If only we could remain children longer. What a treasure they have learned. No wonder you want to keep them.