Thursday, September 25, 2008
Bargain hunting...
Ok, I know I have to get used to the fact that Kolette isn't a baby anymore and so I finally decided to start looking for a big girl bed. That means no more crib which makes her VERY happy. However it shocks me to see the prices of beds. She is such a girly girl and so she needs a very girly bed. I was driving past my neighbors yesterday and saw a really cute white cast iron like head and footboard. I wanted to ask her if they were for sale. I drove past a couple hours later and they were gone. Kolette went to bed heartbroken. I happened to go past again on my way to the store last night. I stopped and asked and she sold it to me for $30. I was in heaven. I found a frame this morn for $5. Also found on Craigslist a brand new full size mattress and box. They were discounted and my lovely mother in law donated $100 to the cause and we have the entire set for the little princess. Now the hunt for full sized sheets is on. Tried Costco tonite and they didn't have pink in full and according to Kolette that is the ONLY acceptable color in her eyes. Now I have to tear down the crib. That crib was the first piece of furniture to go up in this house and it is sad to me to take it down. It has been 6 1/2 yrs since we moved in. I am not ready for my babies to grow up but I know it is happening w/o my permission. I will post pics when it is all assembled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I know it's sad, but her new bed will be sooo cute! Enjoy each stage as it comes!
Post a Comment